Family Friday: 31 Weeks

Warning: Family Friday posts are an open and honest update of our pregnancy.  There will be references to lady parts, internal organs, and bodily functions.  There will also be photos of baby bumps and ultrasounds.  If any of this bothers you, please stop reading now.

31 Weeks
Ahhhhhh!!!  Only 9 weeks left... we're in the single digits now!  

THE BABY:
 -  is now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses
 -  has longer stretches of sleep
 -  is over 16 inches from head to heel
 -  should pack on 3 to 5 more pounds before her due date

Baby G getting some beach time!

WEIGHT:  +16 pounds... I think.  My weight has been up and down all week.  Today it is a pound more than last week but the way it's going, it may be down again tomorrow.

BODY:  My waist is now at +6.5 inches, my lower belly is now at +6 inches, and my hips are still at +2 inches.  My belly feels HUGE and it's scary to think that it's just going to get bigger!  Baby G seems to have found a comfy spot on the left side of my belly, making it lopsided as seen in the picture below.  I think (based on her movements and the shape of my belly) that she is head down, feet up, and facing toward the right.


THE GOOD:  1) Baby Hiccups.  Baby G has only had hiccups a few random times but it's one of the most amusing things to feel!  2) Movement.  It's amazing to see how much my belly moves now that she is bigger, stronger, and running out of space!

THE BAD:  1) Back Pain.  Chiropractic adjustments are definitely helping with this, along with sitting on a large exercise ball and doing some yoga stretches (both recommended by my chiropractor), a hot (but not too hot) bath also does wonders.  The pain is mild most days now but still putting a damper on my lifestyle.

FOOD:  No changes but I am enjoying a few extra cookies this week since my weight gain has been so slow this month :)

EXERCISE:  My family and I have been out doing something every day since it's their first time to Hawaii.  That hasn't left much time or energy for other exercise.  I am at least doing some yoga stretches daily to keep my ligaments and hips loose.

OTHER NOTES:  Today Johnnie won an award, being named the Team Hickam FGO (Field Grade Officer) of the Quarter.  Johnnie has had an amazing career in the Air Force so far and I am so proud of him every day!  I can't wait to show Baby G pictures and tell her all about the countless things her daddy has done and places he has been!  She is sure to admire him as much as I do :)


*******
"A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman are the
handsomest two things that can be seen common."
~Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear about you, baby G and Major Green. Congrats. Major Green!

    ReplyDelete