Traveling On

Lesson learned in this past week:  It's not easy blogging often while traveling!  I had a great time visiting and reconnecting with my family and friends in Pennsylvania.  This was the only time this year that I'll be "home" for a visit and I'm so blessed that I could stay as long as I did.  I still have a few blog posts to write from my time in PA including a trip to the oldest gas station in America, a tour of the Ghost Town Trail, and an amazing hot air balloon ride.  I'll get those up as soon as I can.

Last Friday I flew from Pennsylvania to Dallas, Texas where I met up with some friends, my husband, and my father-in-law.  My friends and I ran the Heels and Hills and Him Half Marathon on September 25 while Johnnie cheered us on and took some great pictures for us.  The race was fantastic and seeing my friends again was so wonderful!!  After the race, we all celebrated by going to a Texas Rangers vs Seattle Mariners baseball game where Johnnie caught a home-run ball!  The race and the game will be more posts coming soon.

Before leaving Dallas, we stopped by the spot where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.  Everything looks nearly the same as it did 48 years ago and there are X's on the road marking where he was when the bullets hit him.  It was pretty incredible being at such a historically important spot.  This will also be another post coming soon.

We stayed with friends in a northern Texas city for a couple of days and got to see some old friends that were in Korea with us earlier this year.  One of the things I love about the Air Force is that "good-bye" really means "until next time" because you always end up seeing old friends sooner or later and it almost feels as if you've never been apart.

We left Texas yesterday and are driving to Iowa.  We'll be spending about a week visiting with family and touring the "Hawkeye State" before Johnnie and I fly back to Korea.


There isn't much to see on the drive from Texas to Iowa.

A tote bag in a window of a Kansas souvenir shop :)

*******
"A heart is not judged by how much you love;
but by how much you are loved by others."
~The Wizard of Oz

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a regular reader but do enjoy hopping over and seeing your pics and stories when I can. Love the dog too! Noticed you were heading to Iowa, we live in central Iowa north of Des Moines, with 2 rat terriers and 3 horses.
    Have a great visit, weather is supposed to be great this week!

    ReplyDelete