Happiness is Flowers and a New Bone

Cue the sad puppy dog eyes...


Johnnie is off traveling the world for a while, leaving Dulce and I to keep each other company until he returns.  Things here just aren't the same without him.  Being the amazing husband that he is, he calls me at least once a day to let me know he's okay and to chat a while about how our day went.  Those phone calls are the best part of my days :)  As a military wife, I'm used to him being away but it certainly never gets any easier.  I will miss him every minute until he comes home!

Dulce knows that Johnnie is gone and she misses him too.  Every night when it's time for bed she sits by the bedroom door looking at me as if saying "Where's daddy? Isn't he coming to bed too?"  Every few minutes she paws at his side of the bed looking for him and then returns to her post by the door until I turn off the lights.

On the day he left, Johnnie sent me flowers.  Gerbera Daisies are my favorite (they were the flowers at our wedding) and they make me smile and think of him every time I see them :)


Dulce got a big new rawhide bone to keep her occupied while Johnnie is gone but at the rate she chews, it's highly unlikely to last the whole time!


*******
"Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, but
rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be."
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment